Snowbum's Sale (and Wanted) page
>>>There is also some FREEEEE stuff here!
This is the only article on this entire website where I am offering to sell you something;
or, buying something from you....
>>> Trading/Bartering possible <<<
Things I WANT are listed at the very bottom of this article.
© Copyright 2019, R. Fleischer
You may contact me at:
OR, directly: Snowbum@bmwmotorcycletech.info
Due to my health problems (prostate cancer recurrence and unpleasant long-term treatment), and old age problems for both of us, and because Penny no longer wants to live in a very snowy place; ...Penny and I are selling much of everything we own at South Lake Tahoe and moving to a smaller (rental) house in Carson City, NV. This has been happening since June 2019, and likely will not be completed until near the end of 2019, at best.
Household and shop items, including musician's and household electronics; electronics parts; machinery, test equipment, ....etc....much must still be sold or otherwise disposed of. I have sold the motorcycle and the sidecar rig and most BMW parts. Still some BMW stuff left to sell, a few parts, lots of clothing, an almost new Schuberth helmet (shown well below), probably a few specialty tools, etc.
I have stopped riding....but will not stop participating in BMW things....on-line, at TechDays, maybe even campouts, etc. I might do some dirt and other light riding in the near future ...depends on my health situation. I am considering purchasing an electric bike, just for fun, and, it won't require hardly any space in my new garage, due to the minimum service requirements. However, I may not ride at all, ever again. Don't know, yet.
Our corner located house at Lake Tahoe (but only 1/4 mile from the forest), is furnished with quality furniture that matches the house massive beams, etc., has, we think, at least 1904 square feet, plus an over-size 2-car garage has 604 square feet, and the 2 decks total 259 square feet. Everything is in excellent condition (except the rear fence will eventually need some attention). Huge amount of storage, and full workshop benches and shelving, etc. House exterior is clear heart premium tongue and groove resawn redwood..yeah, really!! Extensive Brick trim and surrounds. Fruit (berries) gardens, trees, etc. 120/240 in the workshop. Tons of details available. If interested, send me an E-mail inquiry and we will send all the details. In March of 2019, the Zillow value, unfurnished, was $483K. This place has been kept-up with the same quality as my work on Airheads. It is listed on MLS, South Lake Tahoe 131104. There is a page on this website for it: Snowbum's House for sale
I will transport most any item to my new home in Carson City, Nevada upon request ...at no charge. If you do not want to have an item shipped, or do not want to pick an item up at So. Lake Tahoe, that may well work better for you.
My house is up for sale, and if not sold soon, will probably be turned into a long-term rental. My electronics business has been up for sale for $15K, on the web at: http://fleischerelectronicsservice.com/. It has not been sold, so, I am in the process of moving it to the garage at our rental place in Carson City, Nevada. This will be the slowest part of the move....I need to make more storage areas and place for my small power tools, workbenches, test instruments, etc. I hope to be fully moved and back in operation late in 2019.
On that website is an article that has some of the things on the sale page you are now looking at, and more, here is a direct link:
Some details are on the following page:
http://FleischerElectronicsService.com/business-4-sale.htm, and I will consider the business always up-for-sale. Once I move the business to Carson City, and build all the new shelving, workbenches, install electricity, etc., the selling price will go up. If interested; or, whatever, contact me.
https://bmwmotorcycletech.info/emailimage.htm Or, contact me directly, at email@example.com
There may be some test instruments for sale at times, see well below.
This is my almost new Schuberth helmet. I purchased this just before, unfortunately, I got sick. It has been worn three times, total is less than 200 miles. No scratches, no damage, great condition. Only change from brand new is that I have glued the top vent open for maximum air flow. This helmet comes with the original box, original soft-cloth bag, original paperwork, owners booklet, etc. It is a C3Pro, is DOT, etc., approved, and the color is high visibility Fluorescent Yellow, one of the two colors that tested best for safety (the other is a sort of a green lime and yellow mix, and not all that attractive, IMO). The size is 57-M-7-1/8.
It retailed for $799, and I paid nearly that much for it. Make me an offer, or might consider barter, trade, whatever.
1. This is a dual-squirrel-cage type of air blower, with a fairly powerful capacitor-start type of motor, with adjustable speeds. I used this in my BMW shop, and my personal home garage as my engine cooler for K bikes and Airheads. It was converted from a house heater blower (I've done maybe a dozen of these for friends over the years). Works perfectly. Has tilt board in front, so aiming for Airheads cylinders is automatic. $50. Will NOT ship. This is vastly better than a circular fan, and isn't going to break and is very unlikely to wear out.
2. SOLD....photos and informatiion left here for awhile strictly for reference purposes...it will eventually be removed from this page. BMW Airhead Tachometer, mechanically and electrically fits R80ST, R45, and R65, R65LS series (this one has the R80ST cautionary and redline limiting RPM as shown). BMW 62-13-1-244-388. Be sure your old one looks like this one, including the side mounting. Clean clear glass, no rust, minor bezel marks (see photo) which can be touched-up with black paint. Not available from BMW anymore, and hard to find in good condition. I've seen them on Ebay, UNtested, AS-IS, for what I asked for this one, and twice what I asked if NOS, or in good working condition, like this one is. I have tested every capacitor, resistor, chip, meter movement, etc. during the repair. NO micky-mouse stuff! NO bezel pry/crimp marks, etc! Be sure your ignition is OK, as problems with even such as a bad spark plug cap can influence your tachometer.
Original statement here, was: I can furnish full specifications on the internal circuitry, if you are nerdy enough to want it ...that includes parts, schematic, test circuit, etc. If not sold in a reasonable amount of time, here on my Sale page, it goes on Ebay for a higher price. IN ORDER TO PURCHASE THIS FROM ME OFF THIS PAGE AT $200 YOU MUST PROVE TO ME THAT YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE AIRHEADS BEEMER CLUB, otherwise it is $50 more. That restriction MAY be applied to more of my BMW parts as I offer them for sale. SHIPPING INCLUDED for Club Member." Rememinder...this unit has been sold!
3A. Rare display model. "R100RT" ??...YES>>>but it is a R-100-S,
produced as an RT, I think it is a 1979 model. Made by Guiloy.
Would be pricey if you could even find one of these now.
You can have it for what it cost me, a long time ago, $58.
3B. Below is a quite rare metal model of the famous WWII Zündapp KS750, in 1:10 size, with sidecar (mit beiwagen). It is of very high quality made by Schuco (Germany), and is unique and special. This is not a plastic model, but high quality and movable parts die-cast metal model. It is heavy and substantial, with great attention to details. Yes, the parts move, rotate, etc. The underside of the original box shows the extensive specifications. These, complete, rarely are found for sale....very particularly with the original box, etc. This was removed from the box for the photos, otherwise it has never been unboxed. In original box these are super pricey on such as Ebay.
I am asking $98, same as my original cost before shipping charges to me, long ago. I can ship this, in a large substantial cardboard box, properly packed, to avoid damage in transit.
If you purchase both of these models, 3A and 3B, & pick them up here, I will make you a special deal!
4. Garmin 6-1/2 inch screen GPS, set up for use on RAM ball mounts. Have no idea what to ask for this...maybe 50 bucks?
5. Brand-new adaptors (charge or run your devices! ...such as your phone, GPS, etc.) for use in cars & motorcycles. These were obtained for testing purposes. That is one of the things I do with the $ from donations and from Google advertising clicks income from this website. Once in awhile I even get something for free. I obtain various things, test them, & then re-sell them at a VERY substantial discount, thus your ad clicks and donations, etc., go a long way, over & over.
The photo below shows standard 12 volt input, 5 volt output USB adaptors. The corded one plugs into your DIN (Hella) standard power accessory jacks on your BMW.
The three small ones on the right side of the photo fit common cigarette lighter sockets. While one is rated at 2.1 amperes output, I rate it same as the other two on the right side, which is 1 ampere. One of these has dual USB output.
All of these are very considerably cheaper than you can purchase them for, anyplace. BEWARE of the cheap repros being seen now...they do not hold up. Prices are plus shipping to USA addresses. These are all I have left. I white-out those things already sold, and then change the text. Shipping is probably about $5 for a corded one, and maybe $3 for the smaller ones, but maybe only $6, might be less, for all 4 items in one box.
If you want all of them, the cost for shipping will be low as I can put all of them in a rather small box for you. Only 4 total items left! The total is $27 plus shipping, for everything below.
6. nothing here at the moment
7. nothing here at the moment
I have available, for sale or trade, some household items, including a lot of camping gear.
You undoubtedly will find a lot of bargains, maybe some free stuff too.
8. FREE: Nokia E-65 small slider-type World Smart Phone. Quad band. Has camera, calendar, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. Included is battery, 12 volt car adapter, 120/240 volt battery charger, data cord, and 120/240 volt adapter. Works fine! Used by a world traveler & by me on the ATT network here in the USA; he used it on trips around the world on other phone systems. Use as emergency phone, or, install your mini-sim card. Only things it does not have is a touch-type screen & GPS. Sorry about the out of focus photos, just me not holding a camera steady-enough while trying to take a closeup. PRICE REDUCED TO ZERO for everything. $10 if to NON-airhead member. Yes........FREEEEE to a Paid-up Airheads Club Member.
10. Computer item:
ATI Radeon Graphic Accelerator card. Complete with packaging, box, instructions, and installation disc. Does NOT need a fan, has its own gold plated large heat-sink. A nice item! ATI Radeon 9550 AGP 256 Mb DDR2 8X. There are several versions of the 9550, this is the best one. Just plug it into a slot in your computer. Especially nice if you have integrated video and want to upgrade for such as more intense graphics or gaming work, large monitor size, etc. NEW; Tested and Guaranteed! I was going to put this brand-new unit in my computer, then decided to purchase a computer for which it won't fit. $20. I'll include shipping. Might consider just making it FREE!
11. FREE ...or cheap!........several things...+
A. Free ski stuff (but will accept donations):
My age (82+) and declining physical condition have caused me to quit skiing. All my ski equipment, clothing, etc., is offered here for FREE...but if you want to donate some $, it would be appreciated, as I could use it. If this stuff does not sell, well, I will have to force myself to get a pass next year, and see if I can mess my body up further! :-)
I have two pairs of older straight skis, each comes with boots that match the binding setup for their associated skis. One pair is Kastle RX National Team, 190 size, in VERY nice condition with excellent condition Tyrolia bindings. The associated Lange boots are performance type, in size 9 or 9-1/2. The other set of skis are Kastle Mid's, in size 175, with same Tyrolia bindings, with Rossignol boots to fit those skis; which are covered in paisley cloth (boots too!).
Available is a plug-in hot waxing outfit, ski jacket, various ski shirts/sweats from Heavenly, and also of my own design, the famous "When Hell Freezes Over, I'll Ski There Too". Even the helmet (53-58) is available, as is a pair of Smith Goggles, blue powder pants, etc.
B. Olympus Accura Zoom 80 camera; autofocus, with manual. Has had little use and has NO problems. FREE. You pay USPS shipping. Can include the padded blue case, as in this photo. Estimated weight 9 ounces for camera, 19 ounces for camera and case.
C. FREE! RF modulators. I have two of these. They plug into a wall power socket. These convert audio and/or video signals so that you can use any TV (output is selectable for Channel 3 OR Channel 4). Input can be a Wii, VCR, Video camera, DVD Disc player, FM receiver, any of the popular game boxes, ETC. You simply connect the audio and video output of your goody, to the input of one of these RF modulators. Inputs provided include Right and Left audio, and Video (including a separate S-video jack too). My price is: FREE. Plus shipping. These are small, and easily fit in a flat rate postal box. If you take both, I will toss in some cables.
D. FREE! For Olympus D500-L or D600-L: extra memory cards, A.C. Adapter C-7AU, manual, etc. $13.00 + shipping for all of it. I no longer have the camera, it was accidentally destroyed...boooo hoooo (dropping things from high up will do that).
E. FREE! Audio/Video Enhancer, model FA-310, in like-new condition throughout, made by Niippon Shokuhin Sangyo Co, of Japan. Two channels of Left and Right audio input and video input; and same for outputs. Can be used as mono or stereo. 120VAC 50 or 60 Hz input, 6 watts. Video inputs and outputs are standard 1Vp-p, 75 ohms, unbalanced. Audio input is 500mv 47k; and output 500mv 1k. Sharpness effectivness is +14db at 2mhz. Audio noise reduction 9 db minimum at 8Khz. This item is well-built mechanically and electronically, and heavier than it looks from it's size; which is approximately 3 inches by 2 inches by 8 inches. Expected shipping weight is 4 pounds. It has been tested and is guaranteed to be working properly. Comes with Instruction Manual (manual is very usable, but has some spilt coffee staining). The original purpose of this unit was to enhance video during transfer/copying/dubbing. The unit decreased the drop in resolution and improved the signal-to-noise ratio. Videos would have snowy smeared pictures greatly improved. Fading was cancelled, and in general picture quality improved overall. This unit uses the double-delay-line approach, which improved the leading edge and the trailing edge of waveforms; rather than cheaper and lesser quality enhancers that only operated on the leading edge of waveforms. Ease of operation too, only one knob controls sharpness. A noise suppression circuit is included that works on BOTH audio AND video. Hiss is reduced, and NOT from 'cutting highs' as done in lesser units. You can't beat the price, FREE, and you get a $$$ unit! (you pay postage, and I'll always accept a 'donation').
12. Items from my electronics repair business. Ask!
A. LARGE Bureau of Standards type of fan-style dynamometer A.C. voltmeter, mirror scale, jeweled bearings, and in original wood-case with leather handle, etc. An antique, but in perfect working condition, and extremely accurate. Suitable for actual use or for a museum, these are valuable for their preciseness; and, especially, the dynamometer style of movement which eliminates errors normally and regularly found in regular analog or digital meters due to waveform distortion. Accuracy is approximately same as a modern digital meter on a clean signal! Price reduced to $150. GUARANTEED!
B. Antique, but functioning well, Precision E-200C RF signal generator, with a stabilizing temperature control setup inside that I installed; $60.
C. Some asked about my three oscilloscopes. I sold the most complicated and hard to use one, and I have decided to sell only one more, as I need to have one left for now. For sale is a Leader brand 5" round CRT oscilloscope, single channel, 10Mhz response, that is quite adequate for use in many repair shops. It has all the usual sensitivity and sweep controls, sync, etc. It is available with or without THREE EXTRA (and BRAND NEW) CRT tubes, that you can keep or sell. $50 for the oscilloscope and $80 for the extra CRT's....a real bargain. This particular oscilloscope has been my workhorse for audio and receiver alignment, etc. Can provide photo on request.
D. Ask about the two channel power meter, oscillator, and AM/FM/FM stereo alignment generator, etc....an all in one instrument. I haven't taken a photo or priced this yet. Used with an oscilloscope, you have what you need. Best this goes with my shop/biz, however., if I manage to sell the shop. Otherwise, likely will all be used in the new shop location.
E. MANY thousands of electronics parts, from tubes to relays to transistors and every other type of part you can imagine (or, can't!). Way too much stuff to list here....so best to ask. I have all sorts of semiconductors (especially $$ power types) ...and, generally, all the stuff you might find in an electronics repair shop with a long long history of working with industrial stuff; musician's, HiFi; ETC. I'd rather sell the business, parts, test equipment, etc., to someone who wants to start up an audio repair shop....got $15K ?...but will sell a few parts, etc, until a buyer for all shows up ...which now appears unlikely. I will even trade for small items, or even the whole shop.
13. Some older hifi equipment ...my personal stuff. Some is gone already.
14. PRICE REDUCED!
A very good solidly built 35 mm pro camera outfit, for sale or trade. I purchased this entire outfit brand new for one commercial project, it had only light use, and has been in my storage FOR YEARS ....and is in absolutely wonderful condition. It all is fitted into a Halliburton 'Zero' aluminum carrying case. The camera is a Minolta XD11; with the Minolta DataBack fitted (regular back also included). This camera is a true focal-plane type, yet has automatic aperature and shutter modes, selectable, programmable. Minolta was the first maker to do this, and it was so good that elements of its design were used by Leica in the R4. This camera is rugged, metal and substantial (NOT plastic!).
It comes with a variety of lenses and goodies:
Minolta Rokkor-X, 20 mm F2.8
Minolta Rokkor-X, 50 mm F1.4
Vivitar Zoom lens...this is the Macro focusing Auto Zoom, F3.5, 70-210 mm
The lenses are all auto-coupled.
3X telXtender ...and, yes, it is also coupled. This will increase the focal length by three times.
Telescopic lens adapter, you can use your eyeball and the long lens with this!
Spiratone Vignetar adapter, adjustable.
I think there is available an adapter made by some company that would even enable the use of these excellent lenses on digital cameras.
I have more not listed above that goes with this outfit. Includes all sorts of filters (including Hoya 67 mm '80A' used for daylight with 3200° lamps), both 55mm and 67 mm polarizing filters, lens adaptors, extenders, Minolta high magnification adapter for viewfinder, Rollei 134B Automatic Electronic Flash (16" to 20 feet coverage and battery OR AC powered), literature, manuals, various shutter releases, lens cases, lipstick type lens brush, you really shouldn't need anything else.
15. Video camera. Coby camcorder. BRAND NEW. NEVER OUT OF THE STILL-SEALED PACKAGE. Very simple to operate. 1.3 Mp, 2.4" bright color display flip-out & rotatable viewer. ~3 hours recording time on any standard 4 Mb SD-SDHC type memory card. Supports up to a 16Gb memory card. AVI, M-JPEG format. Will play into a TV, cable is included. Features include still capture, LED low-light assist, 4 X digital zoom, USB transfer port. Uses 3 each AAA common batteries. Comes with installation CD. Will work with most computers ...and it DOES support Windows 7, Vista, etc. I bought this in a charity raffle. YOUR price, reduced, is $10. Take this along on your bike trips...it is rugged enough for near anything.
16. HOW BIG IS YOUR EGO? This is a very unique custom-made one-of-a-kind jewelry piece. This is a very heavy (LOTS of real gold) Dragon pendant, with a special ruby 'tongue' and nostrils, a diamond in an eye, and every one of the dragon's claws has a diamond of good quality. On a postal scale the dragon and its gold chain will weigh 3-1/2 ounces. That's not Troy weight (which is about 2.25 troy ounces) (converting it to PURE 24 ct gold for you it is about 1.31 Troy ounces of PURE gold). Go check monex.com for the latest gold price. This is heavy and massive. I have all the specifications that I can e-mail if you are really interested. It is available for sale or trade; ~$9,000. It's melt-down (ugggh!) value varies with the price of rubies, diamonds and gold. The dragon was originally purchased by ME as a thin gold dragon shell, designed and made by a craftsman in the Virgin Islands, where I purchased it in person. I had it filled with gold and had the diamonds and rubies added ...all this by The Jewelry Factory; the exact same place, by the exact same person (Bob Lindner), who made most of Liberace's fancy jewelry. I INCLUDE the paperwork from The Jewelry Factory! This is a very special piece; and with the price of gold and custom pieces is worth an increasing amount of $. I have had a most difficult time trying to photograph it, as the shiny reflective surfaces tend to look black or otherwise be distorted, and the diamonds reflection makes them look out of focus. The photos are the best I've been able to do with my not fancy digital camera equipment...and do not show the large ruby tongue and diamonds very well at all, nor the sharpness of the piece.
The brilliance of the diamonds did not help matters in trying to take these photos. It would be worse now that I have polished the gold. The dragon itself is about 2 inches by 2-1/2 inches, maybe a bit more. You really need to see this piece in person. It is large, heavy, and only someone with an EGO (like mine?) would wear this. It is listed with more information, on this website under https://bmwmotorcycletech.info/dragon.htm
17. REAL Dental picks. Sharp! Great for those little jobs ....like cleaning-up female spade connectors; cleaning-up the junction of the insulator-to-metal-body of neutral switches on the BMW Airhead 5 speed transmissions prior to epoxying to prevent oil leaks; snagging pesky ignition springs; etc. LOTS of uses. I often grind mine for special shapes. These are real surgical steel picks, not Chinese cheapos. If you grind on them, be very careful not to overheat the metal, otherwise you loose the hardness. I have NONE left right now; this listing is being left here, as I hope to obtain some more for you.
18. nothing here at the moment.
My electronics business is for sale. $15,000.
When ...well, if ...sold, I will retire to mostly BMW and other hobby work and will be doing website articles for the Airheads Club, magazines, etc.
http://fleischerelectronicsservice.com/ has a link to the sale-of-the-business page.
I will be willing to sell the furnished house and the machinery and business too, as one lot. I need to retire to hobbies (yes, including BMW stuff). Who knows what will happen? But, whatever is coming, is coming. House for sale
In that website is an article that has some of the things on the sale page you are now looking at, but possibly lots more:
Things I'm interested in getting (trade/barter ....and/or ...I will pay cash or add cash as appropriate):
1. BMW SNABB Katalog that is marked on the rear cover outside as 01-01-9-796-621.
2. Replacement for my awfully well worn SNABB Katalog which is 01 09 9 796 332 1.5 V/81
3. BMW factory service manual and perhaps parts manual, for 1981+ R65, and OK if it also covers R80ST, etc.
4. empty on purpose
5. Battery powered motorcycle???
For anything on this entire page: I may trade/barter. I also may dicker on combining things! Ask or make me an offer.
After we agree about an item and its shipping; you can pay in several ways.
Click on this link: https://bmwmotorcycletech.info/emailimage.htm which is a photo which shows my full E-mail address which is also my PayPal account number. If you send PayPal funds as "personal", "gift", or similar, I do not have to pay their fees.
Go to http://www.paypal.com, or just use the PayPal logos in this article & pay using my e-mail address as to where you are sending the funds. I can also send a money request to you through PayPal, but my last try at that made me pay their fees.
By personal check or cash (please do NOT send cash via snail mail) or United States Postal Service Money Orders (which I can cash and pay for your item's shipping at the same time at the Post Office). If you wish to send me a personal check or bank draft, money order, etc., my mailing address is still: R. Fleischer; 2601 Alma Avenue; So. Lake Tahoe, CA 96150-3036. ALWAYS let me know how you wish to pay, AHEAD OF TIME. After I move to Carson City, my mailing address will be:
1903 Teal Drive, Carson City, NV, 89701.
****I will transport most any item to my home in Carson City, Nevada, upon request...at no charge. If you do not want to have an item shipped, or do not want to pick an item up at So. Lake Tahoe, this may well work for you.****
The United States Postal Service has been improving its "Service". Internet tracking is standard for most all mail, as an example. I always go to USPS.com for the latest information before quoting you costs. I usually ship things to USA addresses via Priority Mail or First Class, or the new version of Parcel Post. I have a large collection of good used cardboard boxes, and good packing materials; all at no cost to you.
I ship most packages out of the U.S. by First Class Package International for the lowest postal rates. Insurance for that type of shipping may be available now.
For international mailings, there is also Priority Mail or Express Mail where insurance & tracking are available; although that type of service usually costs much more than First Class Package International. "First Class Package International" shipments seem to take from 2 weeks to 5+ weeks. I will NOT ship First Class Package International to international locations without YOUR understanding that shipment might take as long as 5 weeks, sometimes more. I WILL provide, upon your request, a copy of the mailing receipt, as proof I mailed the item; plus, whatever type of proof of shipment is available (typically via Internet tracking).
For very expensive items there is a USPS service called Insured-Registered mail, which is very secure for expensive items, whether domestic or foreign; it is rather typically slow.
Sometimes, UPS is considerably cheaper than USPS, sometimes that is reversed. I usually check both.
I almost always provide the Internet tracking number and information (when available or if purchased) to anyplace I ship to.
©Copyright 2019, R. Fleischer
Return to Technical Articles LIST Page
Return to HomePage
Last check/edit: Friday, September 20, 2019